Kilitreks & Safaris is a registered tour company based in Tanzania. During the course of our tour operations we interact with international clients in order to promote and provide quality tour services. At kilitreks & Safaris the privacy of our clients is of extreme importance to us.
We are committed to constantly updating our privacy policies and processes to ensure they follow best practice and meet the standards of all relevant legislation, including the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) introduced in the European Union.
What information do we collect?
Kilitreks & Safaris may collect and hold personal information in order to provide a service to you such:
your name, date of birth, gender, postal address, telephone number, email address, passport details, medical information and travel insurance details (where applicable)
- details of the products and services you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your enquiries
- any additional information relating to you that you or a third party has provided to us directly or indirectly via phone enquiry, websites, online presence, customer surveys or other representatives.
If you visit our website, we may also collect information that is not personal information to improve the experience for our clients. This information may include the web pages you visit, your IP address, browser type and language, and the date and time of your visit. However, we cannot identify you individually from this information. Some of this information is collected using cookies.
When you are travelling with us, we may take video and images of you that may be used in brochures, in our advertising or on our website and clients may be asked to authorise use of his/her images (such as a photograph, videotape, film or pictorial representation or recorded voice). However, Kilitreks & Safaris clients may choose to decline in writing.
How do we collect information?
You may volunteer information when you request information from us, contact us or we contact you, when you make a booking, link to or from our kilitreks-safaris.com website, connect with us via social media or by speaking to us directly via our business contact number(s) or any other engagement we have with you.
We may also receive information from a third party, for example:
- from people making travel bookings on your behalf;
- from partners performing services on our behalf
- from your insurer, their agents or medical staff who may need to disclose relevant information and sensitive personal information with us in circumstances where we/they need to act on your behalf or in the interest of our clients or in an emergency.
Why do we collect information?
Wecollect personal information about you so that we can perform our businessactivities and functions and to provide the best possible quality of service.
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your information for the following purposes:
- to administer services we provide to you such as arranging your tour booking
- to provide advance passenger data for internal flights
- to manage our relationship with you, including updates about your tour booking and handling complaints
- to contact you in the event of an emergency
- to identify and tell you about services we think you may be interested in
- to provide relevant information in circumstances where we need to act on your behalf for example, a medical emergency situation
- to make improvements to our site that make it easier to find the information you are looking for
- to identify fraudulent activity, errors or for regulatory reporting and compliance.
When you provide your email address to Kilitreks & Safaris your contact details may be retained even if a transaction is not completed.
We are only permitted to store your personal information for as long as necessary having regard to the purpose for which it was collected or a related or ancillary purpose. We may therefore delete your personal information after a reasonable period of time. If you have not used our services for some time, you may have to re-enter or re-supply your personal information to us.
Who do we disclose your information to?
We may disclose your personal information as follows:
- We may share your personal information inside Kilitreks & Safaris for the purposes of providing products or services to you.
- We may disclose your personal information to our employees, contractors or third-party service providers located in Tanzania or overseas for the purposes of the operation of our website or our business, fulfilling requests by you, managing your bookings, responding to your enquiries and to otherwise provide products and services to you.
- We may share information with third parties in limited circumstances without your consent where we reasonably believe the disclosure is necessary to lessen or prevent a threat to life, health or safety, or for certain action to be undertaken by an enforcement body (e.g. prevention, detection, investigation, prosecution or punishment of criminal offences), where disclosure is authorised or required by law or disclosure is otherwise permitted by applicable privacy laws. In order for you to travel abroad, we may disclose your personal information where disclosure is required by government authorities at the point(s) of departure and/or destination to process your information for immigration, border control, security and anti-terrorism purposes.
- By using our products and services, you agree that we will not be required to ensure that third party overseas recipients comply with UK or European data protection and privacy laws or otherwise be liable or accountable for how the recipient handles your personal information.
Payment Card security – including credit cards and debit cards:
- All online payments are transmitted over a secure socket layer (SSL) connection.
- Payment card information is transmitted immediately to a payment gateway solution (Trust my Travel) via an encrypted port.
- Kilitreks & Safaris does not have access to your payment card number.
Whilst we take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is secure, as the internet is inherently insecure, any personal information or other information you transmit to us online is transmitted at your own risk.
Where does the Contact Form submission information go?
We use the Contact Form 7 plugin to manage contact form submissions. The information is sent as email messages that only a select few Kilitreks & Safaris employees can access. The information is also stored in the database on our hosting server for backup and later reference purposes.
We do not use the contact form information for marketing purposes.
How long do you keep Contact Form information?
We don’t set a specific time limit on storing information because we need it for future reference. If you want your information to be removed from our database, please contact us. We will remove it anytime there are concerns about your privacy.
Like many other Web sites, kilitreks-safaris.com makes use of log files. The information inside the log files includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, type of browser, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date/time stamp, referring/exit pages, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user's movement around the site, and gather demographic information. IP addresses and other such information are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable.
You can choose to accept all cookies, reject 3rd Party Cookies or reject all cookies by changing your internet browser settings. However, if you don't accept cookies some features on websites don't work.
You can find more information on the About Cookies website www.aboutcookies.org
Google's use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to users based on their visit to kilitreks-safaris.com and other sites on the Internet.
If you wish to disable cookies, you may do so through your individual browser options. More detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers can be found at the browser's respective websites.